Wanna quick yet tasty side dish for chapattis or bread …Paneer bhurji is a best option. We family of three are ardent paneer lovers and probably there is no paneer dish we haven’t tasted yet.
My darling daughter is super crazy for paneer which makes me to try variety of paneer.Paneer bhurji is just like egg bhurji as eggs replaced with paneer and get prepared in no time. It can go as a breakfast recipe to accompany your bread or as a wonderful side dish for your chapattis or naan at lunch or dinner time.
Scrambled refers you need to scramble paneer with hands instead of using it in cubes form like other paneer dishes. I have seen some restaurants using grated paneer for bhurji and it works equally well.
Paneer grated or scrambled 250 Gms
2 big onions sliced
Red chili powder 1 tablespoon
Turmeric powder 1Teaspoon
Garam Masala (All ground Spice powder) 1 teaspoon
Lemon juice 1 Tablespoon
Chili red or green 2
Bay leaf 1 Ginger garlic paste 1 Tablespoon seeds
Cumin and mustard seeds 1 Teaspoon
Tomato finely chopped 1
Oil 2 1/2 tablespoon
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in pan and temper it with bay leaf, cumin and mustard seeds.
2. After crackling of seeds add chopped onions, Chilli and ginger garlic paste and stir once.
3. .Add Chili powder, turmeric powder and chopped tomatoes and salt let it cook for 2mins.
4. Add paneer and mix well season with salt and garam masala.
5. If you prefer little gravy put ½ cup of water else omit.
6. Let the cook for 3-4 mins and garnish with chopped coriander.