A yogurt based super yummy curry it is. For me it came to the rescue when I end up all the veggies in my fridge.
The curry is different in its making too as the procedure is not like our usual curries. It is no onion no garlic recipe .I have added onions though but it can be completely omitted. But count me on this it’s extremely simple and time saving recipe.
I have avoided deep frying of potatoes just to make it less oily.
It is generally made with baby potatoes or may simply pick smallest sized potatoes in your basket and go on. The quality of curry is definitely depending upon how creamy softer curd you are using.
And not to mention you need that super red Kashmiri chili powder which adds extra color to it and makes it eye catching…no worry it won’t make your curry too hot.
Baby potatoes 500 gms (boiled)
Yogurt 2 cups
Cumin seeds 1 Teaspoon
Black pepper pods 3-4
Cinnamon 1 inch
Fennel (sauf) 2 tbsp
½ cup water
Oil 2 tbsp for gravy and
Oil for frying 2 tbsp
Kasuri methi 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Bay leaf 1
Salt as per taste
Kashmiri mirch powder 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves for garnishing
Onion (cut into pieces) 1 (can be omitted)
1. Let the boiled potatoes be cooled down to room temperature and then peel them.
2. Poke all the potatoes all over with tooth pick or edge of knife. As we are using baby potatoes so no need to cut them into pieces.
3. Heat a 2 tbsp of oil in pan and shallow fry the potatoes to the golden brown.
4. Drain extra oil on tissue paper.
5. Grind cashews and funnel seeds to make a fine powder and keep it aside.
6. Whisk the yogurt well to have creamy consistency. Add Kashmiri mirch, fennel and cashew powder, kasuri methi, turmeric powder, salt and stir well.keep it aside too.
7. Take 2 tbsp of oil in the same pan and add all dried spices like bay leaf, cloves, cardamom etc.
8. Add onions and sauté it.
9. Add yogurt and mix it well. Make sure the flame should be at its lowest or yogurt may get spoiled.
10. Add fried potatoes and mix well add ½ cup of water and let it be cooked for next8-10 mins on dum that is covering the pan tightly.
11. Check for enough consistency of gravy and switch off the flame.
12. Garnish with Coriander leaves and serve.