One more addition to my restaurant style recipes. Soft cottage cheese triangles in creamy, onion tomato based gravy. A show stealer of your meal.
Be it chapatti, naan or tandoori roti or even your regular jeera rice, this yummy curry is a perfect side dish for them. The base of the curry is our own makhni gravy.
In some version of paneer pasanda the paneer triangles are shallow fried or sandwiched with some masala.While I prefer to make it simple and less time consuming. I even prefer to boil paneer in place of shallow frying. It retains softness of paneer and extra oil for frying can be avoided.
do try Paneer chilly dry.
So here we go with the recipe.
For curry paste
Black pepper pods 3-4
Coriander dried 1 tsp
Poppy seeds 1 tbsp
Cinnamon stick 1 inch
Magaz beez 1 tbsp
Onion medium sized 2 roughly chopped
Garlic cloves 4-5
Ginger ½ inch piece
Green Chilies 2
Cumin seeds 1 Teaspoon (or powder)
Tomatoes 4 pureed
Paneer (cottage cheese) 250 gms
Bay leaf 1
Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
Red chili powder 1 tablespoon
All ground spice (garam masala) 1 Teaspoon
Cumin and mustard Seeds 1 teaspoon
Fresh cream ½ cup
Water 1/2 cup
Salt as per taste
Oil 2 Tablespoon
1. Boil roughly chopped onions and magaz beez, cashews for 5 mins.As we are boiling cashews too no need to soak them instead you may soak them in water separately for 30 mins and can add to boiled onions.
2. Dry roast poppy seeds, coriander seeds, cinnamon and black pepper on pan for 5 mins and add to boiled onions and cashews and magaz beez.Add ginger and garlic and cumin powder to the mix.
3. Blend the mix in a blender to make a smooth paste.
4. Boil panner in water for 5 mins keep it aside to be cooled.
5. Heat a pan. Pour oil and get it heated. Temper it cumin-mustard seeds and bay leaves.
6. Add curry paste and let it cook for 7-8 minutes stirring contiously.the paste will start leaving oil and aroma.
7. Add tomato puree. Mix well.
8. Cut the paneer into triangles.
9. Add turmeric, red chili powder and salt ,garam masala stir well.
10. Now add paneer triangles and stir well and cook for 5 mins.
11. Lastly add fresh cream and water if needed. And serve with chapattis or rice.