Cute little baby corns in creamy spicy gravy.An absolute winner recipe.
This curry goes well with rotis,parathas or naan or even with jeera rice.You may make itin dry version too.I have made it with creamy gravy base.
Baby corns need to be blanched first and then can be cooked in gravy.I used poppy seeds,cashews and magaz beez(ground melon seeds) in the curry base which made the curry super creamy and rich.
I prefer to make this curry little spicy as baby corns are mild in taste.
For curry paste
Poppy seeds 1 tbsp
Magaz beez 1 tbsp
Onion medium sized 2 roughly chopped
Garlic cloves 4-5
Ginger ½ inch piece
Green Chilies 2
Cumin seeds 1 Teaspoon (or powder)
Baby corns 250 gms
Capsicum chopped ½ cup(optional)
Bay leaf 1
Dried coriander seeds 1tsp
Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
Red chili powder 1 tablespoon
All ground spice (garam masala) 1 Teaspoon
Cumin and mustard Seeds 1 teaspoon
Fresh cream ½ cup
Water 1/2 cup
Salt as per taste
Oil 2 Tablespoon
1. Boil roughly chopped onions and magaz beez, cashews for 5 mins.As we are boiling cashews too no need to soak them instead you may soak them in water separately for 30 mins and can add to boiled onions.
2. Dry roast poppy seeds on pan for 2 mins and add to boiled onions and cashews and magaz beez.Add ginger and garlic and cumin powder to the mix. Blend the mix in a blender to make a smooth paste.
3. Wash baby corns and blanch it in boiling water for 5-7 mins.(make water to boil with a pinch of salt in it and add baby corns to water. put off the flame and let baby corns be in water for few mins.)
4. Now drain them and cut diagonally.keep aside.
5. Heat a pan. Pour oil and get it heated. Temper it cumin-mustard seeds and bay leaf,coriander seeds.
6. Add curry paste and let it cook for 7-8 minutes stirring contiously.the paste will start leaving oil and aroma.
7. Add turmeric, red chili powder and salt stir well.
10. Now add baby corns and stir well.Add garam masala and cook for 5 mins.
11. Lastly add fresh cream and water if needed. And serve with chapattis or rice.