A perfect tea time cookies. As mentioned earlier too I love to bake with whole wheat flour, so my first cookie attempt is also with whole wheat flour.Tasted just like store bought ones.
These cookies are healthy and whole some snack for your kids. These are easy to make and quick too.
Butter can be substituted with peanut or almond butter making it dairy free.
Whole wheat flour (Atta) 1 ½ cup
Powdered sugar 1 cup
Butter ¾ cup
Baking powder 1tsp
Baking soda ½ tsp
Water ½ cup
1. In a bowl take wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda and butter, sugar .Mix well.
2. Add water slowly to form soft dough.
3. Preheat the oven for 10 mins on 180C (360F).
4. Roll into small cookie balls and place on greased baking sheet.
5. Flatten the balls slightly giving it a cookie shape. Make a cross pattern with the help of knife(optional).Sprinkle some sugar on top.
6. Bake it in oven for 20 mins until it get cooked to the golden brown color.
7. Take the cookies out of the oven and let it be cooled.