How about a quick 5 minute, no preparation, healthy breakfast. My all time favorite choice is this Instant sooji uttapam.No fermentation, No grinding…No fuss.
This super easy uttapam requires no grinding, no fermentation and it’s a solo ingredient show winner breakfast. We all have sooji available at our home all the time. You just have to mix it with 2 tbsp of curd and salt and your batter is ready. Top it with available veggies of your choice and your uttapam is ready. Here I just used onion slices as a topping. You may use finely chopped tomato to make it tomato uttapam or any other veggies capsicum, carrots to make it mixed veg uttapam.Here we go.
Sooji or semolina 1 cup (preferably fine)
Curd 2 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Onion chopped 1
Green chill chopped 1 or paprika
Water as required
Oil as required
1. Take sooji and curd in a mixing bowl and add salt to it.
2. Add enough water to make it a batter that can spread easily.
3. Heat a pan and spread a big spoonful of batter on it. Let it spread by its own.
4. Top the uttapam with onion slices, chillis or paprika powder. Dab the topping a bit with the help of spoon.
5. Add oil to uttapam by sides and cover the pan. Let it for 2 mins.