An easy way to add greens in your lunch.Sindhi Sai bhaji is an inevitable in traditional Sindhi lunch. My first try on Sindhi cuisine.
Sindhi cuisine full of all flavorful recipies.Sindhi Sai bhaji is a delightful full of green vegetables mainly spinach recipe. I got bored with regular spinach aalu and while navigating sanjeev kapoor’s website I found this recipe and I immediately tried it
I used whatever the veggies I had in my fridge. While searching I found number of other vegetables like pumpkin, cauliflower can also be used in this bhaji.I had carrots, potatoes and cabbage so I used the same. I used pressure cooker to cook the bhaji as I didn’t cook the chana dal saperately; I just washed and soaked it overnight.
other spinach recipes
Spinach finely chopped 2 cup
Split Bengal gram (soaked overnight) 1 cup
Carrots chopped 3 tbsp
Potatoes (peeled and chopped) 1 large
Cauliflower florets 10-12
Oil 2 tbsp
Cumin and mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves 1 tsp
Onion finely chopped 1 medium sized
Tomatoes chopped ½ cup
Green chills finely chopped 2-3
Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
Frozen green peas ½ cup
Salt to taste
Water as needed
1. Heat oil in pressure cooker and temper it with cumin and mustard seeds.
2. After crackling of seeds add chopped onions, Chili and ginger garlic paste, curry leaves and stir once.
3. Add carrots, potatoes and peas,soaked chana dal and mix well. Cook till all veggies get tender and mash them with heavy spoon.
4. Add chopped spinach leaves and stir well. Let it cook for 2mins.mash again vigorously with spoon.
5. Add tomatoes and stir once.
6. Cover the pressure cooker with lid and allow it to have 2 full whistles.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.