Sevaiya upma or sevaiya pulao or namkeen sevaiya…..Call it by any name ….It’s a most liked and quick breakfast in my home. Add a mix of milk, curd and water to make it super fluffy and super moist.
Making of this upma has never been so much easier ,once I knew about roasted vermicelli pack available in Indian stores here in joburg.It cut off extra effort of roasting vermicelli while frying.
Loads of veggies of your choice make it a perfect power packed breakfast.
Previously I used to fry it as normal upma procedure, then I started adding mix of milk ,curd and water to it and not only it made the cooking process faster but also made it fluffy, tasty and super moist.
Do try for Instant suji uttapam
Vermicelli 1 cup
Oil 2 tbsp
Cumin and mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves 1 tsp
Onion finely chopped 1 medium sized
Carrots chopped ½ cup
Green chills finely chopped 2-3
Garlic crushed 1tsp
Frozen green peas ½ cup
Green beans ½ cup
Milk 1 cup
Curd 2 tbsp
Water 1 cup
Salt as per taste
Coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Heat oil in pan and temper it with cumin and mustard seeds.
2. After crackling of seeds add chopped onions, Chili and garlic, curry leaves and stir once.
3. Add carrots, beans and peas and mix well.
4. Add roasted vermicelli and stir well. Let it cook for 2mins.
5. Meanwhile in an another sauce pan take water, milk and curd and bring it to boil.
6. Pour this boiling mix over vermicelli, add salt and sugar and mix it once.
7. Cover the pan cook it for next 5 -7 mins.Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.