This one is for hubby dear who is extreme crazy for French fries .I just made them extra spicy…Truly Indian style French fries in just 20 mins and it is non fried.
Potato fries are perfect evening snack with a cup of tea. You may make it just salty fries as you get in McDonald or in any other food joint. I added little cayenne pepper and cumin powder ….Taste was amazing.
Try these super tasty fries on rainy evening or cozy winter afternoon…count me on this it can bear any other fried snack.Just a spoonful of oil and you are sorted .i used olive oil…so no guilt at all.
Potato large two
Water 1 ½ cups
Olive oil 1tbsp
Cayenne pepper (mirch powder) 1tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Cumin powder (jeera powder) ½ tsp
1.Wash potatoes and cut them into fine strips(juliennes).I prefer to make fries along with its skin ,if you wish you may peel the potatoes first and then cut them.
2. Boil these wedges in water for 3 mins.
3. Drain the water of wedges on paper towel and pat dry well.
4. Take wedges in a bowl, pour oil, cayenne pepper, cumin powder and give a nice mix.
5. Preheat the oven for 10 mins on 180C (360F).
6…Line baking tray with aluminum foil and spread wedges on it.
7. Bake for 20-30 mins till it becomes golden brown.
8. Take out from oven, let this cool and serve.