There is no better comfort food than Soups in winter. This green flavorful soup is the ultimate choice for winter evening.
I love to experiment with different kind of soups with different veggies and flavors. Moreover soups are my daughter’s favourite so it goes very well as an evening snack when she returns from school.
This green veggie soup has lots of pumpkin, coriander and carrots which give it a unique taste and aroma. You may avoid spices if you don’t like spicy soups and enjoy light version of this soup.
Pumpkin peeled and chopped 1/2 cup
Coriander leaves chopped ½ cup
Carrots 2 in nos.
Onion 1 medium sized Chopped
Garlic cloves 5-6
All purpose Flour 1 Tablespoon
Bay leaf 1
Cinnamon Stick ½ inch
Black pepper Powder 1 Teaspoon
Salt as per taste
Water 1 or 11/2 cup
Cream 2 tbsp
1. Heat a pan with butter and temper it with bay leaf and cinnamon stick.
2. Add chopped Onions and garlic and sauté for 2 mins.
3. Add peeled and chopped carrots and pumpkins and all purpose flour and mix well. Cook till carrots become little tender and flour gets roasted.
4. Add chopped coriander and cook for next 5 mins.
5.Remove the pan from heat and let the mixture gets cool then blend it in a blender with salt added into it.Dont forget to remove bay leaf and cinnamon stick before blending.
6. Now strain the puree to remove any coarse bits and add black pepper powder. Add 1 cup of water and Heat the soup in an another pot to boil it once.
7. Add cream in soup and stir well. While serving pour the soup in bowl and garnish with black pepper powder.