A quick and healthy tea time snack.No oil…No cook …No fuss.
Bhel is one of the most popular street food in India.Usually the main ingredient in bhel is Puffed rice.I didn’t get it anywhere so made it with flattened rice(poha).Generally Poha comes in two forms thick and thion one.Here in the recipe I used thick poha Just you need to soak poha for 10 mins.
Bhel is said to be mixture of all the tastes,salty,sweet,tangy,spicy.So it is just blend of all the available ingredients to tasty mixture.
As per availability or your own taste you may omit one or two ingredients b .Similarly you may add some of your choice which can be added raw to the mix.
In conclusion Poha bhel can be perfect breakfast as it is filling,power packed and flavorsome too.
Poha (flattened Rice) 1 cup
Chopped onions 2 tablespoon
Chopped tomatoes 1 Tablespoon
Chopped coriander 1 tablespoon
Tomato ketchup 1 Tablespoon
Curd 1 tablespoon
raisins 1 tbsp
roasted Peanut 2tbsp
Boiled sweet corn or peas ½ cup
Salt as per taste
Sugar 1 teaspoon
Sev or corn flakes for garnishing
1.Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.Toss well to make it a proper bhel.
2.Serve in a dish and garnish with cornflakes and coriander leaves .
Poha Bhel (No cook Flattened Rice Snack)
Recipe type: Snack
- Poha (flattened Rice) 1 cup
- Chopped onions 2 tablespoon
- Chopped tomatoes 1 Tablespoon
- Chopped coriander 1 tablespoon
- Tomato ketchup 1 Tablespoon
- Curd 1 tablespoon
- Boiled sweet corn or peas ½ cup
- Salt as per taste
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Sev or corn flakes for garnishing
- Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.Toss well to make it a proper bhel.
- Serve in a dish and garnish with cornflakes and coriander leaves .