A luscious treat for your guests.A curry in a hurry yet full of flavor. It’s an addition to my easy curry recipe and Restaurant style Curry recipes.Combination of sweet corn and bell peppers makes a mind-blowing dish .With no extra spices this simple yet delightful recipe is sure to win hearts of your family.
I am always in hunt of sweet corn dishes as sweet corns(See more sweet corn recipes)are super favourite of my darling daughter so as I encountered this dish it was sure it would be on my “try it” list.
A simple yet flavorsome side dish to pair with roti,naan .gets ready in 20 minutes.
I always plan my weakly menu keeping in mind need of all the nutrients and carbs.
Though we all love spicy gravies ,I make it sure to have it not more than once a week.Rest of the times I resolute to make simple tomato onion based curries with no strong spices.
The curry I am presenting today falls under same category.which requires no preparation and quick to cook.Both peppers and corns are identified as o cook quick to cook veggies and that’s what I am using for my curry.
The base of the curry is simply paste of onions and tomatoes seasoned with ginger garlic and mild spices.
Bell peppers 2 big sized
Onion medium-sized 2(11/2 onion in paste and 1/2 onion chopped)
Garlic cloves 4-5
Ginger ½ inch piece
Tomato 2 medium-sized
Corn kernels 1 cup
Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
Red chili powder 1 tablespoon
Cumin and mustard Seeds 1 teaspoon
Oil 2 Tablespoon
Step by Step Procedure With pictures :
1. Boil chopped onions(1 n 1/2) for 2 mins and drain.
2. Blend onions and tomatoes in blender to make a puree and keep it aside.
2. Cut bell peppers in 1 inch sized pieces .
3. Heat a pan. Pour oil and get it heated. Temper it cumin-mustard seeds.
- Bell peppers 2 big sized
- Onion medium sized 2
- Garlic cloves 4-5
- Ginger ½ inch piece
- Tomato 2 medium sized
- Corn kernels 1 cup
- Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1 tablespoon
- Cumin and mustard Seeds 1 teaspoon
- Oil 2 Tablespoon
- Boil chopped onions for 2 mins and drain.
- Blend onions and tomatoes in blender to make a puree and keep it aside.
- Cut bell peppers in 1 inch sized pieces .
- Heat a pan. Pour oil and get it heated. Temper it cumin-mustard seeds.
- Add onions and once it gets translucent add ginger and garlic. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes stirring contiously.the paste will start leaving oil and aroma.
- Add spice powder we made. Add tomato, turmeric, red chili powder and salt stir well.
- Now add roasted bell peppers and stir well. Cook for 5 mins.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with chapattis or rice.