Schezwan Sauce..The name itself is enough to feel that heat. The sizzling experience , the magic it does to your recipe is a must try indeed.
Schezwan Sauce is most commonly used as a condiment or for making indo Chinese dishes. You might have savored over so many indo Chinese dishes like schezwan fried rice,schezwan fried noodles, veggies in garlicky sauce. All these dishes are just enough to have that scorching ,appetizing kick to your regular meal. That is where the beauty of Chinese recipes lies in. Whenever your tongue craves for something fiery, not so usual meal ,you turn to Chinese food. Along with this tantalizing taste what allures most to me about these Chinese to dishes is “the scope to add loads of veggies”.
If you really can’t tolerate the heat you may simply use red Kashmiri chilies which give nice red color without that burning sensation. This homemade Schezwan Sauce can be refrigerated for further use for up to 3 weeks.
Red dry chilies 8-10
Onion 1 medium
Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
Sugar ½ tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil 3 tbsp
Soya sauce 1 tbsp
Black pepper powder ½ tsp
6.Put off the flame and let the sauce cooled down. Refrigerate in airtight container.
- Red dry chilies 8-10
- Onion 1 medium
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Vinegar 1tbsp
- Sugar ½ tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Soya sauce 1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder ½ tsp
- Soak red chilies in enough water for 1 -2 hours.
- Drain and blend the chilies to a slightly coarse mix.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions ,sauté for a min.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook till raw smell goes away then add red chili paste. Cook for a one more min.
- Add soya sauce,salt,sugar and vinegar with ½ cup of water and cook for 5-6 mins.
- Put off the flame and let the sauce cooled down. Refrigerate in airtight container.