My first baking experience…not so perfect…but tastes heavenly. OMG!!! I never had imagined eggless and butter less baking can come out so well.
Being a cautious mother I always want my child to eat healthy food. I intentionally avoid all purpose flour (Maida) in my cooking until and unless it is very necessary. That is the reason I introduced biscuits to her so late. She is three and half now and her craze for cakes and muffins has grown up too. I always wanted to bake something with whole wheat flour (atta) and my first baking experiment I did with Atta only. Believe me the muffins disappeared in 15 mins or so. Credit to my darling daughter to her papa dear.
In place of butter I used olive oil which made it extreme guilt free. You can just eat them anytime and plenty of them.
Whole wheat flour (Atta) 1 ½ cup
Powdered sugar 1 cup
Cocoa powder 3 tbsp
Olive oil ¼ cup
Baking powder 1tsp
Baking soda ½ tsp
Water 1 ½ cup
1. In a bowl take wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda and cocoa powder .Mix well.
2. In a bowl take water, oil and sugar and stir well till sugar melts completely.
3. Preheat the oven for 10 mins on 180C (360F).
4. Pour the wet mix into flour mix and mix gently.
5. Pour the mix in muffin moulds with the help of spoon.
6. Bake it in oven for 20 mins until it get cooked. Check it with knife edge or toothpick; if it comes out clean, your muffins are ready.
7. Take out muffins out of the oven and let it be cooled.
8. It tastes good even without icing believe me.