Sabudana vada is one of the most liked vrat recipe in india.try this version of sabudana vada which requires just few drops of oil.
Not just for fast I like to prepare sabudana vada as a breakfast or snack. I remember when my mom used to prepare it whenever she observed fast, we as kids used to wait desperately to have it on our plate. But not more than two we could eat; this is because though these vadas tastes extremely tasty but while deep frying sago tends to soak lots of oil. These oil dripping vadas have become no no for most of us due to excess oil.
Then I came to know about making it in appam pan and Whoa !!!…It came out superbly good. Perfectly fried still no excess oil. The outer covering gets crisped well while the core remains super soft.
Sabudana pearls (sago) 1 cup
Potatoes boiled and mashed 3
Green chills finely chopped 2
Peanuts roasted and crushed ½ cup
Chopped coriander leaves 1tsp
Salt as per taste
Sugar a pinch
Oil for shallow frying
1. Wash sabudana pearls and drain the water and soak it with little water in pearls for 4-5 hours or overnight. In order to make soft vadas sago pearls should be soaked perfectly.
2. Take all the ingredients except oil in a mixing bowl and mix it properly.
3. Heat the appe pan and few drops of oil in each cavity.
4. Take small portions of the mix and shape it into small ball. Place the ball in a cavity.Reapet the step for all the cavities.
5. Cover the pan and let the vadas be cooked for 3-4 mins.Once the vada gets brown at lower side flip it with wooden spoon. Let the other side of the vada be cooked to golden brown.
6. Repeat the step for all the vadas.
7. Take all the vadas out of appe pan and serve with curd or peanut chutney.