Perfectly cooked al-dente penne in no butter, guilt free yet creamy and delicious white sauce.The one pot meal is sure to rock your weekdays lunch or dinner.
The creamy,runny,luscious white sauce is perfect for your pasta dishes.For weight watchers you may simply replace butter with olive oil and in place of all purpose flour I used whole wheat flour.Whole wheat flour gives slight yellowish tint to youe sauce,but it tastes even better if you roast wheat flour properly in olive oil.
Generally addition of cheese enhances taste and creaminess of your white sauce yeah you can avoid those extra calories of cheese by replacing it with your vegan parmesan i.e. cashew powder.just a tablespoon will do.Count me on that just by replacing these three ingredients you can transform your white sauce into a complete guilt free,no extra calorie creamy white sauce.Sounds perfect .Isn’t it?
Add All Colorful veggies to make your pasta a wholesome,filling and even more healthy.
Coming to the recipe.
Penne 1 cup
carrot, peeled and chopped 1 small
sweet corn kernels 2 tbsp
green bell pepper, chopped ½ medium sized
red and yellow bell pepper,chopped ½ medium sized
For white sauce
Olive oil 2 tbsp
Whole wheat flour 1tbsp
milk cooled 1 ¼ cup
pepper powder1/2 tsp
dried mixed Italian herbs ½ tsp
cashew powder 1tbsp
Salt to taste
1.Boil penne in enough water as per instructions given on packet.Avoid over cooking it and remember to keep it al-dante.
2.Drain water from pasta and keep it aside.
3.Heat olive oil in a pan and add whole whear flour.
4.stir continuously till the flour gets roasted properly.
6.Once the sauce gets thicken season it with salt,and mixed herbs and cashew powder, pepper.
- Penne 1 cup
- carrot, peeled and chopped 1 small
- sweet corn kernels 2 tbsp
- green bell pepper, chopped ½ medium sized
- red bell pepper,chopped ½ medium sized
- For white sauce
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Whole wheat flour 1tbsp
- milk cooled 1 ¼ cup
- pepper powder1/2 tsp
- dried mixed Italian herbs ½ tsp
- cashew powder 1tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Boil penne in enough water as per instructions given on packet.Avoid over cooking it and remember to keep it al-dante.
- Drain water from pasta and keep it aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add whole whear flour.
- stir continuously till the flour gets roasted properly.
- Add milk and stir well so that no lumps will be formed.
- Once the sauce gets thicken seaso it with salt,and mixed herbs and pepper.
- Add all the veggies and cook for some seconds.
- Add pasta and mix well
- Serve hot.