A royal, alluring treat to give a grand touch to your feast table.Kashmiri pulao is most lavish rice bowl you can offer to your guests.
This Kashmiri Pulao is as colorful as lovely land of Kashmir. Named after most picturesque and heavenly beautiful northern end of India ,Kashmir. Kashmir is known for its incomparable scenic beauty and vibrant blossoms that makes it even more beautiful. Needless to say this Kashmiri Pulao is loaded with all different flavors and vivid colors .This luscious rice is to be prepared with ghee, of course that boost s its taste to cloud nine.
I have had this Kashmiri Pulao so many times in restaurants and every time fell in love with this rice veriety.The dish is no exception to the many other Kashmiri dishes which are mostly sweet in nature. You might have found most of curries hailed from Kashmir are sweetish. This Kashmiri Pulao is comprised of lots of sweet fruits chunks and toasted dried nuts. For sure every spoon of it is blast of flavors in your mouth. Softy fruit chunks and crunchy nuts transform this rice to aromatic tsunami of flavors in mouth.
Even the plating of this Kashmiri pulao gives you full scope of applying creativity. Ideally while plating rice should be topped with pomegranate pearls and fried onions. I used tutti fruity and fried onions as a topping and it made rice perfectly vibrant.
- Cooked basmati rice 2 cups
- Fresh green peas 1 / 4 cup
- Carrots chopped ¼ cup
- Green beans 1 / 4 cup
- Apples cubed ¼ cup
- Pineapple cubed ¼ cup
- Onions chopped 1 medium
- Salt as per taste
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped 1tbsp
- Dried mint leaves crushed 3 tbsp
- Ghee 3 tbsp
- Crushed garlic 1tsp
- Green chilies 2-3 chopped
- Cumin and mustard seeds ½ tsp
- Bay leaf 1
- Cloves 2-3
- Cardamom 2
- Cinnamon stick ½ inch
- Green chili 1
- Fennel seeds ½ tsp
- Almonds chopped 5-6
- Raisins ¼ cup
- Cashews 7-8 chopped
- Salt to taste
- Saffron strands 4-5 disolved in 3 tbsp of warm milk
- Pomegranate seeds or tuti fruity 2 tbsp
- Fried onions 2 tbsp
- Rinse basmati rice thoroughly with water for 2-3 times .drain keep aside.
- Heat oil in pan and temper it with bay leaf, cardamom,cloves,cinnamon stick.After few seconds add green chilis,fennel seeds and ginger. Sauté it well.
- Add drained rice and mix well.
- Add dissolved saffron, 1 cup water and salt. Let it boil and cover it with lid. Once the rice is cooked, turn off the flame.
- Add toasted dry fruits, fresh fruits and fried onions.
- Garnish with some tuti fruit and fried onions and Serve.