Luscious beans in peanut masala is simplest twist to healthy beans. The quickest form of stir fry with ultimate spice combination.
You might have guessed by now, peanuts are my favorite and I just seek an excuse to put it everywhere. Yes…you are right I love peanuts but roasted ones, I have a strong hatred for raw peanuts and cannot imagine having peanuts without roasting them. Once store bought I just make the whole batch roasted and store it in air tight container. I know I won’t be using them without roasting anyhow.
So in most of recipes you will find ground roasted peanuts being used. Another reason I use them liberally is, I assume they are high protein source gets blended with your other ingredients nicely. I remember my mom using same masala with pumpkin. I tried it with my favorite green beans.
Beans Peanut Masala is another version of beans got adored next to Harissa stir fried beans. If you ask me, both of them are my beloved.
- Green beans blanched and chopped 250 Gms
- Peanuts 2tablespoon
- Desiccated coconut 2 Tablespoon
- Sesame seeds 1 Tablespoon
- Onion medium sized 1
- Garlic cloves 4-5
- Ginger ½ inch piece
- Tomato 1medium sized
- Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1 tablespoon
- Cumin and mustard Seeds 1 teaspoon
- Oil 3 Tablespoon
- Dry roast peanuts, sesame seeds and desiccated coconut on pan for 2 mins. Grind them to a powder and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan. Pour oil and get it heated. Temper it cumin-mustard seeds.
- Add onions and once it gets translucent add ginger and garlic. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes stirring contiously.the mix will start leaving oil and aroma.
- Add spice powder we made. Add tomato, turmeric, red chili powder and salt stir well.
- Now add chopped and blanched beans and stir well. Cook for 5 mins.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with chapattis or rice.