This Christmas Special Choco Pomegranate Cake is definitely much more than expected Christmas Special fruit Cake. Totally unusual still delightful, super exotic treat for your guests.
Off course baking a cake doesn’t need any special occasion. Baking brings that extra warmth and aroma and the whole house get filled with it. Yes …Christmas is around the corner and something grand is expected.
I had planned a fruit cake with no eggs, no alcohol and some really exotic fruits, but as usual my all plans went in vain and I ended up in something really different bake this time. Let me tell you I am loving this outcome to the core. My daughter’s vacation has started and so my baking plan got delayed.
Our days are going like full time playing, no regular cooking, as if we (me n my gal) surviving on sandwiches, omelettes and fried rice …All her favorites. Eventually I dropped an idea of baking any fancy cake and a simple chocolate vanilla sponge gorged with very unusual pomegranate juice was the final end product. And he tresult……….no crumb is left now.
Do not forget to try this chrismas
- Cake flour 1 cup
- Castor sugar ¾ cup
- Baking soda 1 tsp
- Baking powder ½ tsp
- A pinch of salt
- Butter 2tbsp
- Vanilla 1 tsp
- Grated chocolate ½ cup
- Pomegranate Syrup
- Pomegranate juice ¾ cup
- Sugar ½ cup
- Pomegranate seeds ½ cup
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Beat castor sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Sift dry ingredients (cake flour, soda and baking powder, salt) into separate bowl.
- Melt sugar in pomegranate juice till sugar gets completely dissolved.
- Fold in wet mixture to the sifted ingredients and mix well. Use cut and folds method and combines well. Add grated chocolate and vanilla. Pour some operate juice little by little and Mix well.
- Pour the batter in greased cake mould.
- Bake at 180°C for 35 mins.Check the loaf with knife test, if knife comes out clean, Take it out of the oven.
- Let the cake cool down on rack then unmould.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve.