Is aroma reaching to you? It is perfectly simmered, aromatic mushroom risotto guys…just grab the bowl.
It was a gloomy evening and it was a kind of time when you feel down for no reason. My refrigerator was bursting with loads of veggies and still I didn’t feel like cooking our regular food. After roaming around and checking the fridge for couple of times my mind stopped over this Authentic Italian dish and immediately I was revived to have feeling something simply delicious is going to be popped up.
This Italian glory is more than perfect meal for your late night dinners or brunch. Food on my table needs to be filling along with taste and comfort. This Mushroom Risotto is a perfect fit for our comfort food idea. We three gobbled over this bowlful of comfort like anything and realized how gorgeous homemade food can be. Sometimes you really don’t have to go to expensive restaurants for fancy dining. Do try this Mushroom Risotto and am sure you will thank me for this.
Mushrooms have their own unmatched flavor and wine and can give an exotic touch to any dish. Here I have avoided wine and used veg stock. You may have both wine and chicken broth included in the recipe. The Arborio rice takes a little time to cook, the grains should be little al dante to have perfect bite. You may use broth generously if you love to have your risotto little runny.
- Arborio rice 1 cup
- Shallots chopped 2
- Button mushrooms diced 1 ½ cup
- Frozen peas ½ cup
- Olive oil 3tbsp
- Sea salt as per taste
- Freshly ground black pepper as per taste
- Butter 2tbsp
- Chives 2 tbsp
- jalapeno ½ chopped optional
- Grated parmesan 2 tbsp
- Veg stock 2 cups
- Pour veg stock in a sauce pan and let it simmer. Blanch mushrooms in simmering stock and grill with a little oil. keep it aside.
- Heat olive oil and sauté chopped shallots and chives, fry them for few mins.Then add washed rice and give it a stir. Pour veg stock gradually ladle by ladle to get rice immersed completely. Once stock gets dried up add another ladle of stock. Repeat the procedure till rice gets cooked but retains its bite. Avoid overcooking. Add peas and grilled mushrooms and give a nice mix.
- Season risotto with sea salt, black pepper and add butter and parmesan generously. Give a final mix and Serve with extra drizzle of olive oil.