How about an uttapam with unusual veggies this time?
Yeah .. I am the one who cannot survive over just cornflakes or oats kind of breakfast. My morning rituals are incomplete without hot, spicy dish of Indian breakfast and yes I must confess uttapams are one of the most frequent sort of breakfast in my kitchen Say for its simplicity to make, for its healthy nature or for the versatility it has! Yess, I make countless variety of uttapam for our breakfasts, the variation could be right from type of batter you use to the different veggies that you can add as a topping.
Uttapam as it hails from South India, traditionally it should be made with dosa batter which is batter prepared by fermenting soaked and ground rice and udad dal mix. I assume Uttapam with this batter is the best one to have .Pair it with steamy sambar and coconut chutney and it is truly heaven on plate. Whenever I have dosa batters I make a point to have uttapam with it. But what if you wake up craving for uttapam with no prior preparations, this semolina uttapam always comes to the rescue. Onion semolina uttapam is easiest option, you can make with all handy ingredients. But this time I wanna adore my healthy semolina pizza with fancy veggies and I used what I had, Thinly sliced mushrooms and jalapenos for topping with sprinkle of freshly ground pepper(omit this if you can’t take the heat).What say? I must say it is perfect as a vegan breakfast option..so quick and delicious.
- Sooji or semolina 1 cup (preferably fine)
- Curd 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Mushrooms thinly sliced ½ cup
- Jalapenos thinly sliced 1 tbsp
- Freshly ground black pepper as required
- Water as required
- Oil as required
- Take semolina and curd in a mixing bowl and add salt to it.
- Add enough water to make it a batter that can spread easily.
- Heat a pan and spread a big spoonful of batter on it. Spread it with spoon evenly.
- Top the uttapam with mushroom and jalapeno slices, Sprinkle freshly ground black pepper powder. Dab the topping a bit with the help of spoon.
- Add oil to uttapam by sides and cover the pan. Let it cook for 2 mins covering the pan. Serve hot.